ABV ensures volunteers are fully prepared to undertake their assignments. This not only ensures a high level of volunteer safety and security but also equips the volunteer with the cultural awareness and adaptability required to work in countries across the region.
Standard pre-departure preparation requirements include:
- Police Clearance (ABV funded)
- Signing a Code of Conduct and Privacy Consent Form
- Signing a Volunteer Letter of Agreement specific to the assignment
- Physical health check and travel vaccinations (ABV funded)
- Pre-departure briefing with the Project Manager (via teleconference or in person).