Regional Market Assessment Advisor(s) – Collaborative Team
Assignment Code: PAU010958
Assignment Title: Regional Market Assessment Advisor(s)
Assignment Location: Remote - online
Duration: 12 Weeks
Proposed Start: ASAP
Application Closing Date: 30 July 2021
Expression of Interest (EoI)
- Are you passionate about identifying emerging business / industry opportunities for growth, investment, and/or disruption for bushfire-affected communities?
- Do you have 10+ years of experience in one of the following expertise areas, with a willingness to work as part of a collaborative team?
- local government
- small business
- supply chain management
- market system development
- manufacture/ production
- circular economy or other relevant area
- Do you have experience in research-based market (or value chain) analysis and mapping, product development, export marketing, investment development or value chain strengthening?
The ABV project team will be working in communities across the four local government areas of Bega Valley, Eurobodalla, Snowy Valleys and Queanbeyan-Palerang to support community-led recovery and resilience building post the Black Summer Bushfires of 2019/20. We are looking for a team of Market Assessment Advisors to assist us in identifying strategic, regional level opportunities for local businesses and industries to further grow and expand, contributing to the development of resilient, innovative market systems.
Primary Purpose of the Position
The Regional Market Assessment Advisor(s) – Collaborative Team will work closely with ABV’s Research and Innovation Manager and the International Programs and Partnership Specialist – Disaster Recovery in carrying out the following responsibilities and tasks:
- Undertake desk-based research on industries/ markets across the relevant Program Local Government Areas (LGAs), analysing any existing market assessments and identifying any gaps in assessment results.
- If there are gaps identified in existing market assessments, develop an assessment scope of work and recommend the most appropriate tool.
- Following approval of the scope, develop an assessment plan.
- Undertake the required market assessment and provide relevant analysis, outlining ways the results should be utilised (immediately and ongoing) and what ongoing tracking/ monitoring is required.
- A Master’s Degree in a related field (rural and agricultural development, business, business administration and marketing, international trade, economics, social sciences, or international development), or equivalent experience level.
Experience and skills:
- Minimum 10 years professional experience, with experience in one or more of the following areas; agriculture/horticulture, local government, small business, supply chain management, market system development, manufacture/ production, circular economy or other relevant area.
- Experience in research-based market (or value chain) analysis and mapping (including a range of tools), product development, export marketing, investment development or value chain strengthening.
- Strong understanding of inclusive market-based solutions and industry value chains.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Patience, tolerance and flexibility
- Trauma-awareness / empathy for working with disaster-affected communities
- Comfort in building relationships remotely (using online communication channels)
- Ability to work collaboratively across a team of voluntary and paid members to achieve required outcomes
Please submit your basic Expression of Interest here by no later than 30 July 2021 confirmation of the following:
- The role(s) you’re interested in + assignment code
- You have the relevant skills and experience as outlined in the Selection Criteria.
*Please note: At this stage there is no need to write a response to selection criteria.
- Your availability for the dates outlined in the job advert
- Confirmation that you are a registered volunteer with ABV
- If there are any special considerations we would need to make for you
What will happen next?
- ABV will review all applications during week commencing – 30 July 2021
- Shortlisted candidates will be sent a Terms of Reference (ToR) document (aka Assignment Description) and may be requested to return a detailed Expression of Interest (EoI) addressing the selection criteria in the ToR.
- ABV will communicate with all candidates to let them know the outcome of their application.
ABV is an equal opportunity employer and Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally & linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds are eligible to apply for this position.
For more information please contact email@example.com