Expression of Interest – Family Money Management Facilitators 2020
Assignment Title: Expressions of Interest - Family Money Management Facilitators 2020
Assignment Location: Lihir, PNG
Duration: 1 month in PNG and 2 weeks preparation in Australia prior
Proposed Start: 2020
Application Closing Date: Open until further notice
Do you have;
- 5 to 10 years of experience delivering programs with a business/finance or money management component?
- Previous experience in community-based family income management projects and financial counselling services – this is desirable but not essential.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds and cultural groups?
- Highly developed relationship management skills?
- Are you a collaborative, team player with prior managerial/mentoring experience?
- Do you have experience working in developing countries
We are seeking EOI’s from Skilled Business Professionals (SBP’s) who wish to help conduct Family Money Management training on Lihir, New Ireland Province, Papua New Guinea.
Newcrest Mining Limited Lihir Operations is one of the largest gold producing mines located in New Ireland Province, Papua New Guinea. ABV and Lihir Gold Limited (LGL) which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Newcrest, have entered into a collaboration to deliver business development services to create sustainable business and employment opportunities for Lihir communities thereby ensuring the mine leaves a legacy of long term inclusive and sustainable economic growth for the people of Lihir. As part of the project, ABV is working closely with the local stakeholders, communities and LGL to ensure the business development services are appropriate and respond to both the community need and address challenges associated with the capacity for the Lihir community to fully capitalize on business and employment opportunities provided through the mine.
The purpose of the Family Money Management Facilitator is to promote the inclusion and participation of all family and community members and development of financial and money management skills. This training aims at improving family financial management skills and contributes to empowering women and youth within the family unit and village.
The SBP will work under the guidance of the ABV Project Manager in carrying out the following responsibilities and tasks:
- Review and tailor as needed the Program manual, documents, and presentations depending on the requirements of the participants.
- Deliver formal business training to participants throughout a 4-week training period.
- Provide on-site mentoring and advice to each participant throughout a 4-week training period.
- Provide feedback on the Program manual and materials and contribute to the continued development of the program materials.
Please send your EOI by emailing an updated resume (if you have not sent an updated CV to ABV in the past 12 months) and your availability to firstname.lastname@example.org with ABV VOLUNTEER Family Money Management Facilitator 2020 – EOI in the subject heading.
For more information please contact email@example.com