EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST: Mentoring opportunity
Assignment Title: EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST: Mentoring opportunity
Host Organisation: Bank of South Pacific
Assignment Location: Throughout the Pacific
Recruitment Status: Applications open
Proposed Start: April 2020
Application Closing Date: 15th March 2020
OPPORTUNITY: Mentoring of Bank of South Pacific Managers
As part of the Bank of South Pacific’s (BSP) commitment to the continuous professional development of its managers and leaders, BSP is establishing a mentoring program for offshore staff. ABV has been engaged by BSP to source and match suitable mentors to support the capability development of select employees across the Pacific, including in Solomon Islands, Fiji, Vanuatu, Samoa, Tonga and the Cook Islands.
ABV is seeking expressions of interest from suitably experienced business professionals who would be willing to use their skills and experience in mentoring, leadership and management to develop the professional skills of identified Bank of South Pacific employees.
ABV is looking for female mentors (to be matched with female mentees) with the following experience and attributes:
- Proven long-term relationship as a mentor (to adults) to support someone else’s professional development
- Experienced in leadership and people management
- Willingness and ability to get to know a person predominantly through virtual communication with limited face to face interactions
- Culturally-sensitive approach, patient and flexible
- Background and skills in finance/accounting/financial services
- Knowledge of Pacific cultures and/ or business sector in the Pacific an added advantage
ABV is looking for mentors willing and available to participate in the mentoring program from Mar 2020 – Feb 2021*.
Participation would include:
- A 1:1 virtual introduction to their mentee (April 2020)
- A virtual mentor group briefing (April 2020)
- Engaging in at least 1 virtual mentoring session with matched mentee each month
- Traveling to the mentee home country for face to face mentoring sessions at least twice throughout the program (1st one week visit between May – Jul 2020, 2nd one week visit between Oct – Dec 2020)
- Completing match sessions reflection reports
- Quarterly match monitoring with ABV
- Participating in a match close virtual debrief
To register a formal expression of interest (EoI) please send an updated CV, availability and a one-page document addressing the above experience and attributes to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 15th March 2020, with the headline BSP Mentoring.
*All dates subject to change.
For more information please contact email@example.com