Expression of Interest (EOI): Business Development Mentor
Assignment Code: P010925
Assignment Title: Business Development Mentor - Expression of Interest (EoI)
Host Organisation: ABV in collaboration with Newcrest Mining Lihir (NML)
Assignment Location: Remote - online
Duration: December 9, 2020 – February 26, 2021 (with Christmas break Dec. 21, 2020 - Jan. 5, 2021)
Proposed Start: Immediate - December
Application Closing Date: Thursday, December 3, 2020
Expression of Interest (EoI)
- Are you passionate about supporting project / product design and business development with prior mentoring experience?
- Do you have 5+ years of experience in the business sector supporting project / product design and development, especially in the IT sector for supporting IT businesses?
- Do you have experience in market analysis, business pipeline development and business development?
- Are you a problem solver with excellent interpersonal communication and stakeholder engagement skills?
ABV in collaboration with Newcrest Mining Lihir (NML) implemented the Apeketon Business Hub (ABH) to provide business development services to Lihirians and Lihirian Businesses. One of the many functions is to provide skilled business professions to mentoring new and existing businesses. Some businesses have shown keen interest in strengthening and growing their business. Consequently, a program of volunteer remote assignments addressing both generic business and individual support emerged which includes Business Development Mentoring.
Primary Purpose of the Position
The Business Development Mentor will work with MaryRose Maur – business owner of Island Marine Products Limited (IMLP) in order to strengthen her organisational structures & systems, improve their business model for developing their cost structure and support their business, looking at the supply chain and marketing plan / strategy for short, medium and long-term growth and greater employment opportunities in the area.
The SBP will work under the guidance of the ABV Project Lead in carrying out the following responsibilities and tasks.
- Strengthen organisational structures and systems, improve business model and develop their business and marketing plan / strategy in place.
- Arrange a feasible schedule of ‘Business Development Mentoring’ sessions (e.g. conducted weekly via Zoom or an appropriate digital technology)
Please submit your Expression of Interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, with ABV-ABH Mentoring Program in the Subject heading and confirmation of the following:
- The role(s) you’re interested in and assignment number.
- You have the relevant skills and experience as outlined in the selection criteria in the job advert.
- You are available for the dates outlined (Dec. 9, 2020 – Feb. 26, 2021).
- ABV has an up to date resume on file for you. If not, please provide an updated resume
Additionally, please confirm:
- You are a registered volunteer with ABV
- You have a valid National Police Check (NB: Only successful applicants will have their police check reimbursed)
- If there are any special considerations we would need to make for you
Deadline by Thursday, December 3, 2020
What will happen next?
- ABV will review all applications on Friday, Dec. 5, 2020
- Shortlisted candidates will be sent a Terms of Reference (ToR) document (aka Assignment Description) and any further information available
- ABV will communicate with all candidates to let them know the outcome of their application.
ABV is an equal opportunity employer and Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally & linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds are eligible to apply for this position.
For more information please contact email@example.com