Community Support Coordinator
Assignment Code: PAU010956
Assignment Title: Community Support Coordinator
Host Organisation: Community specific role in either Bega Valley or Eurobodalla (to be determined)
Assignment Location: Remote - online
Duration: 6 Months
Proposed Start: 12 Jul 2021
Application Closing Date: 27 Jun 2021
Expression of Interest (EoI)
- Are you passionate about building capacity in people and communities with prior coaching and mentoring skills experience?
- Do you have 5+ years of experience in business management, community development, project management, etc?
- Are you a problem solver with excellent interpersonal communication and stakeholder engagement skills?
The ABV project team will be working in communities across Bega Valley and Eurobodalla Shires to support community-led recovery and resilience building post the Black Summer Bushfires of 2019/20. We are looking for a Community Support Coordinator to assist us in providing specialised input (various) to community groups/ businesses and in coordinating the volunteer cohort through mentoring and coaching.
Primary Purpose of the Position
The Community Support Coordinator will work closely with the ABV Project Manager (IPPS-DR) in carrying out the following responsibilities and tasks:
- Understand and develop a rapport with the range of groups/ business owners interested in support and / or being provided support through ABV’s program
- Support groups/ business owners as requested by IPPS-DR and as relevant to your area of specialised skill/ experience
- Brief newly engaged volunteers on the program, community and collective support efforts
- Follow up with and act as a sounding board for other skilled volunteers as needed
- Provide coaching advice and support if requested to skilled volunteers on undertaking their role and achieving the role aims/ deliverables
- Where requested, follow up with community groups/ business owners to assist with smooth coordination, engagement and delivery of outcomes
- Attend and contribute to monthly volunteer group check-ins, weekly project team meetings and quarterly program advisory meetings
Relevant qualification in area of specialisation e.g. business management, community development, project management etc.
Experience and skills:
- Experience in capability building of community groups and/or small business in your area of expertise
- Extensive experience coaching/ mentoring skilled volunteers and/ or professionals in a variety of sectors and contexts, with personal experience in volunteering your skills and building capability across cultural, societal, language and other divides.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Strong capabilities in the coordination of people and inputs supported by being highly organised
- Comfortable working collaboratively with a team and taking initiative when needed
- Patience, tolerance and flexibility
- Trauma-awareness / empathy for working with disaster-affected communities
- Comfort in building relationships remotely (using online communication channels)
- Flexible availability to respond to peaks and troughs in work load dependent on community and volunteer group(s) support needs
Please submit your basic Expression of Interest here no later than Sunday 27 June 2021 confirmation of the following:
- The role(s) you’re interested in + assignment code
- You have the relevant skills and experience as outlined in the Selection Criteria.
*Please note: At this stage there is no need to write a response to selection criteria.
- Your availability for the dates outlined in the job advert
- Confirmation that you are a registered volunteer with ABV
- If there are any special considerations we would need to make for you
What will happen next?
- ABV will review all applications during week commencing – Monday, 28 June 2021
- Shortlisted candidates will be sent a Terms of Reference (ToR) document (aka Assignment Description) and may be requested to return a detailed Expression of Interest (EoI) addressing the selection criteria in the ToR.
- ABV will communicate with all candidates to let them know the outcome of their application.
ABV is an equal opportunity employer and Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally & linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds are eligible to apply for this position.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org