ABV recognises the commitment and support our volunteers provide, not only when on projects overseas but when they have returned. As many of our volunteers undertake repeat assignments, they are a strong and valuable part of our organisation.
The ABV Alumni has been established to recognise this commitment and to engage with volunteers when not overseas.
The Alumni encompasses all volunteers who have completed at least one assignment with ABV either as an ABV registered volunteer or as an employee of our corporate partners.
The Alumni network provides a vehicle for shared learning experiences and is an avenue through which to have a voice on development and volunteer related issues.
ABV Alumni have the opportunity to be involved in many ways, including:
- Contributing to a monthly email update to registered volunteers.
- Engaging on development and volunteering issues through the ABV newsletter
- Having a voice and interacting with other volunteers through our LinkedIn Alumni Group.
- Attending alumni and ABV events.
ABV often draws on the experiences and skills of our extensive Alumni network to participate as:
- Returned Volunteer Interviewers
- Speakers for the pre-departure briefings, information nights and road shows
- State Convenors who liaise between our volunteers and the ABV Head Office
- Writers and photographers for ABV and partner organisation publications
- Expert panel advisors who support the ABV Head Office on various projects.
Please email the ABV Volunteer Engagement Manager via email@example.com for any information relating to the Alumni network.