Expression of Interest (EOI): Legal Advisor – Co-Farming Initiative
Assignment Code: PAU010912
Assignment Title: Expression of Interest (EOI): Legal Advisor – Co-Farming Initiative
Host Organisation: ABV in partnership with the National Australia Bank and the community of Cobargo, NSW
Assignment Location: Remote - online
Duration: November 16, 2020 – December 18, 2020
Proposed Start: November 16, 2020
Application Closing Date: October 30, 2020
Expression of Interest (EoI)
- Are you passionate about supporting strategic planning and business development?
- Do you have 5+ years of legal experience in property and/or commercial law, particularly in the agribusiness sector?
- Are you a problem solver with excellent interpersonal communication and stakeholder engagement skills?
ABV in partnership with the National Australia Bank and the community of Cobargo, NSW is implementing a pilot initiative for bushfire-affected communities – the Bushfire Resilience Project. We are seeking your Expression of Interest and availability for the role of Legal Advisor – Co-Farming Initiative.
Primary Purpose of the Position
The Legal Advisor – Co-Farming Initiative will work with community stakeholders who are working on developing the Co-Farming Initiative to support the concept design from a legal perspective. The Co-Farming Initiative are seeking to work with related professional skillsets (legal, planning, brokering, mediation) to develop a ‘toolkit’ to assist interested parties establish co-farming operations, as well as develop and deliver networking seminars to upskill interested parties on Co-Farming opportunities.
The SBP will work under the guidance of the ABV Project Lead in carrying out the following responsibilities and tasks:
- Reviewing the concept design and providing advice from a legal perspective
- Other support as identified e.g. strategic planning, proposal development, etc.
Please submit your Expression of Interest by emailing email@example.com as soon as possible, with NAB-ABV Bushfire Resilience Project in the Subject heading and confirmation of the following:
- The role you’re interested in and assignment number.
- You have the relevant skills and experience as outlined in the selection criteria in the job advert.
- You are available for the dates outlined (Nov 16 – Dec 18, 2020).
- ABV has an up to date resume on file for you. If not, please provide an updated resume
Additionally, please confirm:
- You are a registered volunteer with ABV
- You have a valid National Police Check (NB: Only successful applicants will have their police check reimbursed)
- If there are any special considerations we would need to make for you
Deadline by Friday, October 30, 2020
What will happen next?
- ABV will review all applications on Monday, Nov 2, 2020
- Shortlisted candidates will be sent a Terms of Reference (ToR) document (aka Assignment Description) and any further information available
- ABV will communicate with all candidates to let them know the outcome of their application.
ABV is an equal opportunity employer and Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally & linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds are eligible to apply for this position.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org