Australian Business Volunteers (ABV) is seeking Expressions of Interest (EOI) from suitably skilled and experienced people to be considered for temporary appointment and subsequent nomination for election, in November 2020, to the ABV Board of Directors.
ABV is a non-profit organization working throughout Asia Pacific and in Australia, with a unique focus on strengthening business and economic institutions. ABV pursues its charitable purposes by implementing projects and building capacity by transferring skills and knowledge – always with a focus on strengthening communities and alleviating poverty. Over the last two years ABV has successfully transitioned from being a largely government funded organization to working with corporations. We now need to build a different sustainability model and are looking for a new Director with the personality, energy and linkages to support the organization in this next phase of our development. The role of the ABV Board is to provide governance and strategic leadership to the organization. Typically, the Board meets four times a year. In addition, Board Members are expected to serve on either the Governance Committee, Finance Committee and / or the Nomination / Remuneration Committee.
How to apply
Please submit an EOI including the following:
1. A covering letter addressing:
- Prior experience on Boards and/or knowledge of governance processes
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically
- The ability to attend meetings (4 per year) and contribute to Committees and out of session discussions and decision making
- Additional experience and skills you would bring to the Board
- Address the following criteria:
- Experience with contemporary funding models and entrepreneurial/start-ups
- Experience creating / building a sustainable organization, both culturally and financially.
- Knowledge and active networks (3 year+) in countries of interest PNG, Vietnam, and / or Philippines.
- Your Resume
Membership of the Board is not remunerated; however travel is reimbursed.
Expressions of Interest should be should be marked ‘Confidential’ and addressed to the Chair Nomination Committee – Australian Business Volunteers and sent either via email to email@example.com or post to GPO Box 207 Civic Square ACT 2608. To discuss to role further, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Expressions of Interest close 17 April 2020