We are currently seeking an International Program and Partnerships Specialist
POSITION TITLE: International Program and Partnerships Specialist, full time
LOCATION: ABV Head Office, Sydney
REPORTS TO: CEO
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Friday 13 November
AWARD/AGREEMENT: $86,579 – $103, 087 Total Remuneration Package, incl. Super and annual
Purpose: To design and cost ABV’s programs, ensure quality implementation and program
improvement, and maintain strong stakeholder relationships and partnerships
ABV is an international development agency with nearly 4 decades of experience supporting
sustainable and inclusive economic growth in Australia and the Asia Pacific Region.
From our beginnings as part of the Australian Aid program in 1981, Australian Business Volunteers
(ABV) has evolved into an innovative not-for-profit leveraging the skills and experience of several
hundred of our Skilled Business Professionals who donate their time alongside our small team
of salaried staff to create lasting change in our region. Together we source opportunities
throughout Asia Pacific and in Australia to work in partnership with corporates and deliver impactful
corporate social responsibility programs. We guarantee sustainable outcomes for communities,
through strengthening small businesses and not for profits, leading to poverty alleviation.
ABV is unique in that as an international development agency we are skilled in business
management and facilitation skills, supported through our ABV team and that of our skilled business
professionals to support our mission, and the mission of our partners. Our skilled business
professionals are donating their time and expertise and as such have a powerful, and life changing
approach to the service they provide. They focus on capacity building, using a strengths-based
approach that is profoundly different from simply consulting on the work.
ABV is operating in a climate of ongoing change and adaptation as the landscape of international
development is opening to an increasing range of stakeholders and approaches. ABV is working to
leverage its history of successful capacity building and institutional strengthening to capitalise on
these emerging opportunities. Critical to this challenge will be developing new partnerships,
innovative program design and quality service delivery that makes a difference.
ABV currently provides mentoring and capacity building for small and medium sized enterprises (SME), institutional strengthening of government agencies that support an effective private sector, and corporate skilled volunteering engagement programs. For example, we deliver:
• A diverse business services development hub for a large resource corporate on-site
• A corporate skilled volunteering program in partnership with a number of national and global organisations
• A multi-year professional mentoring program with a regional Bank in the Pacific
• Mentoring and training programs in-situ for SME’s across the region
We are currently experiencing an exciting period of growth in our Australian and PNG-based programs facilitating community consultations and building SME capacity with a diverse program with new opportunities to work with donors, multilaterals and financial institutions around economic development, trade agreements, and a variety of business support mechanisms.
Working closely with the CEO, the International Program and Partnerships Specialist leads the design of new programs, projects and partnerships for ABV in collaboration with the ABV program team. The role is also critical in overseeing the monitoring and evaluation of programs, projects and partnerships. Whilst not directly responsible for managing a team, a core role will be working with the Program and Project staff in project and program development and problem solving, in keeping with the focus of the particular program. This role will have a particular emphasis on community facilitation, assisting with inclusive economic development programs and leveraging corporate experience to achieve outcomes within NFP’s and Social Enterprises. Facilitation of our corporate skilled volunteering programs is a requirement of this role.
The International Program and Partnerships Specialist will also work closely with the Business Development Executive, continuing the ABV relationship with partners over the longer term.
Key aspects of the role include:
• Working with the CEO and Program staff in program design, ensuring programs, projects and partnerships are in keeping with international development standards, effective partnership principles, sound business principles and ABV’s policies (e.g. Ethics, Child Protection and Human Rights policies;
• Planning, monitoring implementation and reporting of existing programs, projects and partnerships;
• Facilitating corporate skilled volunteering immersions and community workshops and consultations;
• Developing and reporting on program, project and partnership budgets;
• Implementing the ABV Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting and Improvement (MERI) Framework;
• Assisting the CEO with business development proposals;
• Working with the Communications Manager to advocate on issues of importance to ABV such as volunteering, private sector development, etc.
• Providing professional skills in inclusive economic growth and development
Experience in program and project design and implementation
• Experience in partnership development
• Experience in community and group facilitation
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent stakeholder relationship skills, working with colleagues from a range of backgrounds and experience
• Experience in inclusive economic development and international development, preferably in Papua New Guinea
• Skills and experience in developing program budgets
International and domestic travel is a requirement of this role. ABV operates as a distributed network with flexible work from home options the norm, however preference will be given to NSW-based applicants for this role.
All staff are responsible for complying with all ABV policies and procedures, including the Code of Conduct, financial delegations and health and safety standards.
Other Benefits Associated with this Position
All employment packages include exempt fringe benefits (PBI) up to $15,900 per annum
• Employment Assistance Program
• Access to training and professional development opportunities
• Family friendly work environment
To express your interest in this role, please email a cover letter, your CV and possible start date to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications close Friday 13 November 2020.