We are currently seeking a Manager of Operations
POSITION TITLE: Manager of Operations (1 FTE)
REPORTS TO: CEO
DATE: 2 December 2019
AWARD/AGREEMENT: As negotiated
APPLICATIONS TO: Recruitment@abv.org.au by 5pm Monday 16th December 2019 (see details below)
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Manager of Operations is required to oversee and manage the day-to-day implementation of ABV’s portfolio of projects and programs, including the management of all project activity, volunteer and staff deployments including recruitment of volunteers, budget management, project control and resource planning, reporting and stakeholder engagement with project partners. Support to the staff located in the Canberra office and other tasks at the request of the CEO are also part of this role.
POSITION IN CONTEXT
ABV is an international development organisation (not-for-profit) with over 35 years’ experience supporting sustainable and inclusive economic growth in Australia and the Asia Pacific Region. ABV takes pride in working at the intersection of business and development and in working to develop tailored programs which correspond to the economic and social development needs of our partners and local communities who operate within a broad spectrum of disciplines including health, education, banking, private sector development and business, agriculture, women’s empowerment. ABV operates within Australia in the CSR sector and across Asia Pacific with our corporate partners.
The role of the Manager of Operations is to ensure quality implementation of our projects to the standards agreed with our corporate partners and in line with ABV’s quality measures.
AUTONOMY OF THE POSITION
The role requires the position holder to be self-motivated, professional and able to prioritise and manage the role with minimal day-to-day supervision.
The Manager of Operations is required to:
- Oversee implementation of all ABV projects and programs
- Manage project and program budgets and resourcing
- Manage the Volunteer Engagement Manager who recruits, screens and registers volunteers
- Manage the Project Officer who manages all volunteer and staff deployments and all logistics
- Perform project control
- Provide timely and accurate reporting to partners
- Liaise with the Program team on the feasibility and achievability of program and project design prior to submission to the partner/client
- Liaise with the Program team on ensuring monitoring and evaluation is embedded within our work and that our reporting reflects this
- Provide leadership to the staff in the Canberra office
- Other tasks as required by the CEO as required
The position holder is a person of utmost integrity and ability. The necessary skills are:
- Project and program management experience
- International and/or community development experience
- demonstrated financial management experience
- knowledge of human resources and WHS management issues
- demonstrated ability to work to deadlines
- excellent oral and written communication skills
- high level negotiation and advocacy skills.
- Volunteer engagement manager
- Project Officer
- Canberra administration volunteers
- Manager International Programs
- Other as required.
MEASURE OF RESULTS
A probation period of six months applies to ongoing positions. Towards the end of the first six months following the successful applicant’s appointment, a formal performance appraisal will be conducted in accordance with ABV’s policies and procedures. Performance measures will include assessment of:
- ability to carry out the assigned duties efficiently and in a timely manner
- ability to demonstrate initiative in undertaking the prescribed duties and ad hoc requests of the CEO
- ability to work as part of a team in a busy environment
- ability to demonstrate excellent organisational, administrative and negotiation skills.
The position of Manager of Operation requires:
- the ability to manage staff and volunteers to comply with deadlines
- the ability to work autonomously
- the ability to undertake the duties of the position effectively with minimal supervision
- the ability to maintain transparent communication with key staff
- the ability to manage through ambiguity in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- the ability to identify problems and solutions to them.
TO APPLY, PLEASE ENSURE YOU:
- Include a cover letter and resume with your application.
- Address the Selection Criteria listed above. Only applications which address the Selection Criteria will be considered for our vacancies.
- Provide details of two professional referees.
Please send your applications by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Manager of Operations, by 5pm, the 16th of December, 2019 (AEST).
Applicants must meet working in Australia requirements and be available to discuss their application, in person or by phone, in the week of the 16th of December, 2019.
ABV is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. ABV welcomes and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants for all advertised positions.