We have 2 new positions available!
– Manager of Operations, Full time – Sydney
– International Programs and Partnership Specialist, Full time – Sydney
POSITION TITLE: Manager of Operations (1 FTE)
REPORTS TO: CEO
AWARD/AGREEMENT: As negotiated
APPLICATIONS TO: Recruitment@abv.org.au by 5pm Tuesday 11th February 2020 (see details below)
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Manager of Operations is required to oversee and manage the day-to-day implementation of ABV’s portfolio of projects and programs, including the management of all project activity, volunteer and staff deployments including recruitment of volunteers, budget management, project control and resource planning, reporting and stakeholder engagement with project partners. Support to the staff located in the Canberra office and other tasks at the request of the CEO are also part of this role.
POSITION IN CONTEXT
ABV is an international development organisation (not-for-profit) with over 35 years’ experience supporting sustainable and inclusive economic growth in Australia and the Asia Pacific Region. ABV takes pride in working at the intersection of business and development and in working to develop tailored programs which correspond to the economic and social development needs of our partners and local communities who operate within a broad spectrum of disciplines including health, education, banking, private sector development and business, agriculture, women’s empowerment. ABV operates within Australia in the CSR sector and across Asia Pacific with our corporate partners.
The role of the Manager of Operations is to ensure quality implementation of our projects to the standards agreed with our corporate partners and in line with ABV’s quality measures.
AUTONOMY OF THE POSITION
The role requires the position holder to be self-motivated, professional and able to prioritise and manage the role with minimal day-to-day supervision.
The Manager of Operations is required to:
- Oversee implementation of all ABV projects and programs
- Manage project and program budgets and resourcing
- Manage the Volunteer Engagement Manager who recruits, screens and registers volunteers
- Manage the Project Officer who manages all volunteer and staff deployments and all logistics
- Perform project control
- Provide timely and accurate reporting to partners
- Liaise with the Program team on the feasibility and achievability of program and project design prior to submission to the partner/client
- Liaise with the Program team on ensuring monitoring and evaluation is embedded within our work and that our reporting reflects this
- Provide leadership to the staff in the Canberra office
- Other tasks as required by the CEO as required
The position holder is a person of utmost integrity and ability. The necessary skills are:
- Project and program management experience
- International and/or community development experience
- demonstrated financial management experience
- knowledge of human resources and WHS management issues
- demonstrated ability to work to deadlines
- excellent oral and written communication skills
- high level negotiation and advocacy skills.
- Volunteer engagement manager
- Project Officer
- Canberra administration volunteers
- Manager International Programs
- Other as required.
MEASURE OF RESULTS
A probation period of six months applies to ongoing positions. Towards the end of the first six months following the successful applicant’s appointment, a formal performance appraisal will be conducted in accordance with ABV’s policies and procedures. Performance measures will include assessment of:
- ability to carry out the assigned duties efficiently and in a timely manner
- ability to demonstrate initiative in undertaking the prescribed duties and ad hoc requests of the CEO
- ability to work as part of a team in a busy environment
- ability to demonstrate excellent organisational, administrative and negotiation skills.
The position of Manager of Operation requires:
- the ability to manage staff and volunteers to comply with deadlines
- the ability to work autonomously
- the ability to undertake the duties of the position effectively with minimal supervision
- the ability to maintain transparent communication with key staff
- the ability to manage through ambiguity in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- the ability to identify problems and solutions to them.
TO APPLY, PLEASE ENSURE YOU:
- Include a cover letter and resume with your application.
- Address the Selection Criteria listed above. Only applications which address the Selection Criteria will be considered for our vacancies.
- Provide details of two professional referees.
Please send your applications by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Manager of Operations, by 5pm, Tuesday 11th February 2020 (AEST)
Applicants must meet working in Australia requirements. ABV is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. ABV welcomes and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants for all advertised positions.
POSITION TITLE: International Program and Partnerships Specialist
REPORTS TO: CEO
AWARD/AGREEMENT:$86,579 – $103, 087 Total Remuneration Package, incl. Super and annual leave loading)
TERM: Full time, 2 years
APPLICATIONS TO: Recruitment@abv.org.au by 5pm Tuesday 11th February 2020 (see details below)
Purpose: To design and cost ABV’s programs, ensure quality implementation and program improvement, and maintain strong stakeholder relationships and partnerships
ABV is an international development agency with nearly 4 decades of experience supporting sustainable and inclusive economic growth in Australia and the Asia Pacific Region.
ABV takes pride in working at the intersection of business and development and in working to develop tailored programs which correspond to the economic and social development needs of our partners and local communities who operate within a broad spectrum of disciplines including health, education, banking, private sector development and business, agriculture and women’s empowerment.
ABV is unique in that as an international development agency we are skilled in business management and facilitation skills, supported through our ABV team and that of our skilled business professionals who volunteer their time to support our mission, and the mission of our partners. Our skilled business professionals are donating their time and expertise and as such have a powerful, and life changing approach to the service they provide. They focus on capacity building, using a strengths-based approach that is profoundly different from simply consulting on the work.
ABV is operating in a climate of ongoing change and adaptation as the landscape of international development is opening to an increasing range of stakeholders and approaches. ABV is working to leverage its history of successful capacity building and institutional strengthening to capitalise on these emerging opportunities. Critical to this challenge will be developing new partnerships, innovative program design and quality service delivery that makes a difference.
ABV currently provides mentoring and capacity building for small and medium sized enterprises (SME), institutional strengthening of government agencies that support an effective private sector, and corporate skilled volunteering engagement programs. For example, we deliver:
- A corporate skilled volunteering program in partnership with a number of national and global organisations
- A three year Institutional Strengthening program with the Central Bank of a close Pacific neighbour
- Mentoring and training programs in-situ for SME’s across the region
We are currently experiencing an exciting period of growth in our SME capacity building work with a diverse program with new opportunities to work with donors, multilaterals and financial institutions around economic development, trade agreements, and a variety of business support mechanisms.
Working closely with the CEO, the International Program and Partnerships Specialist leads the design of new programs, projects and partnerships for ABV in collaboration with the ABV program team. The role is also critical in overseeing the monitoring and evaluation of programs, projects and partnerships. Whilst not directly responsible for managing a team, a core role will be working with the Program and Project staff in project and program development and problem solving, in keeping with the focus of the particular program. This role will have a particular emphasis on assisting with inclusive economic development programs and leveraging corporate experience to achieve outcomes within NFP’s and Social Enterprises. Facilitation of our corporate skilled volunteering programs is a requirement of this role.
The International Program and Partnerships Specialist will also work closely with the Business Development Executive, continuing the ABV relationship with partners over the longer term.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Working with the CEO and Program staff in program design, ensuring programs, projects and partnerships are in keeping with international development standards, effective partnership principles, sound business principles and ABV’s policies (e.g. Ethics, Child Protection and Human Rights policies;
- Planning, monitoring implementation and reporting of existing programs, projects and partnerships;
- Facilitating corporate skilled volunteering immersions;
- Developing and reporting on program, project and partnership budgets;
- Implementing the ABV Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting and Improvement (MERI) Framework;
- Assisting the CEO with business development proposals;
- Working with the Communications Manager to advocate on issues of importance to ABV such as volunteering, private sector development, etc.
- Providing professional skills in inclusive economic growth and development
- Experience in program and project design and implementation
- Experience in partnership development
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent stakeholder relationship skills, working with colleagues from a range of backgrounds and experience
- Experience in inclusive economic development and international development, preferably in the Pacific
- Skills and experience in developing program budgets
International and domestic travel is a requirement of this role. ABV’s office is located in Sydney where this role will be located.All staff are responsible for complying with all ABV policies and procedures, including the Code of Conduct, financial delegations and health and safety standards. Further information about ABV can be found on the website at: www.abv.org.au.
Other Benefits Associated with this Position
All employment packages include exempt fringe benefits (PBI) up to $15,900 per annum
- Employment Assistance Program
- Access to training and professional development opportunities
- Family friendly work environment
How to Apply
Applicants should submit an application addressing the Selection Criteria and a current resume to be considered for interview. To discuss the role contact Liz Mackinlay on (02) 6151 9904.
Applications should be sent via email to email@example.com by 5pm Tuesday 11th February 2020 (AEST)