Senior Program Manager – Victoria
- Location: Victoria-based, preferably East Gippsland or Towong Shires
- Term: Full time, 18 month contract, with possibility of extension
- Reports to: Program Director, Disaster Recovery Program
- ABV Remuneration Band: $80,000 – $85,000 annually (Total Remuneration Package, incl. Super)
Our purpose is to donate business expertise to positively change communities.
ABV is a team of several hundred Skilled Business Professionals (SBPs) enabled by a small salaried team. Together we source opportunities throughout Asia Pacific and in Australia to work in partnership with corporates and deliver impactful corporate social responsibility programs. We guarantee sustainable outcomes for communities, through strengthening small businesses and not for profits, leading to poverty alleviation. As we emerge from the COVID pandemic, ABV is taking on a new and growing range of exciting projects, working with our partners and volunteers across Australia and overseas.
With 40 years’ experience across Australia, Asia and Pacific, ABV is focussed on programs that produce outcomes, positive stories of change for the small businesses and not-for-profits that our Skilled Business Professionals and staff support through transferring Australian business know-how and experience.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The key objective of this role is to lead the implementation of ABV’s Community-led Disaster Recovery and Resilience Building program in the north/ east bushfire-affected areas of Victoria. The role is responsible for developing relationships of trust with stakeholders in bushfire-affected communities in order to support communities to achieve their disaster recovery objectives. This will necessarily involve networking, collaborating and engaging with other agencies (including government) to promote efficiency, avoid duplication, and streamline support for communities. The role supports long term sustainable recovery outcomes by strengthening community relationships with their local/regional networks.
Community engagement and facilitation: This will involve engaging with bushfire-affected communities to make ABV’s offer of support, identifying and supporting community priorities through the provision of skilled volunteers, facilitating and mediating community dialogue and planning to support community-led recovery.
Program management and delivery of outcomes: This involves all aspects of program delivery; developing a project plan and schedule, delivering to schedule, budget and resources, identifying and managing risks, providing reports and updates and coordinating with others where needed.
Volunteer coordination and management: The role will work with others in the ABV team to develop and recruit the volunteer roles required, briefing, matching and coordinating volunteer inputs. The role will provide ongoing monitoring, support and guidance to placement participants, both volunteers and community partners.
Collaboration: You’ll work closely with others in our Programs Stream to deliver the project and share learnings and improve our practice. During delivery, you’ll work both internally with staff and volunteers, and externally with corporate partners, community groups, local government and other services to ensure communities are appropriately supported and connected into existing networks.
- Formal qualifications in a relevant field e.g., community or international development, social work or similar.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in community engagement, mediation, facilitation, diplomacy and/or advocacy or a closely related field across a range of contexts. These could include contexts such as environmental, community, international, humanitarian/ emergency.
- Excellent understanding of trauma informed practice and approaches.
- Patient and personable with excellent interpersonal relationship and active listening skills with an ability to engage a wide cross section of a community, quickly building trust and rapport.
- Flexible and approachable with an ability to also set clear boundaries.
- Team player who is supportive and collaborative.
- Comfortable working online and competent in use of online collaboration and project management tools.
- Able to work remotely from manager, without a high degree of supervision.
- Committed to employing discretion and maintaining confidentiality in a professional and sensitive way.
- Willingness to work out of business hours as required, within reason and to travel for extended periods domestically and internationally as required to meet role requirements.
- Experience in community engagement, mediation, facilitation, diplomacy and/or advocacy or a closely related field in the Australian rural/regional context.
- Experience working with traumatised communities through the disaster recovery process.
- Experience working cross culturally, particularly with Indigenous Australian communities.
Domestic travel is a requirement of this role. ABV’s office is located in Sydney although this role will be located in Victoria, with an expectation of being able to work remotely from home and to travel to disaster-affected areas regularly.
All staff are responsible for complying with all ABV policies and procedures, including the Code of Conduct, financial delegations and health and safety standards. Further information about ABV can be found on the website at: www.abv.org.au.
OTHER BENEFITS ASSOCIATED WITH THIS POSITION
All employment packages include exempt fringe benefits (PBI) up to $15,900 per annum
- Employment Assistance Program
- Access to training and professional development opportunities
- Family friendly work environment
HOW TO APPLY
Please provide your resume and a cover letter, outlining your suitability for the role, noting the selection criteria by midnight on Sunday August 8, 2021 to email@example.com with the subject: SENIOR PROGRAM MANAGER – VICTORIA.
To discuss the role contact Naomi Toole on +61 412 827 133
Watch our video about ABV + Cobargo community led recovery here.