We are currently seeking a Senior Project Officer
POSITION TITLE: Senior Project Officer, full-time (1.0 FTE)
LOCATION: Lihir, PNG
REPORTS TO: Project Manager
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Friday 27th March 2020
AWARD/AGREEMENT: As negotiated
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Senior Project Officer will work closely with the Business Development Project Team based in Sydney, Australia and Lihir, PNG, to support the support the management and execution business development services on Lihir Island.
POSITION IN CONTEXT
ABV is an international development organisation (not-for-profit) with considerable experience in working with Mining Companies to support the achievement of sustainable socio-economic development. ABV and Lihir Gold have entered into a collaboration to build business capacity and skills to create sustainable business and employment opportunities for Lihir communities. The collaboration will deliver a tailored package of training, mentoring and business development advice
The position is based on Lihir Island and the successful candidates will enjoy a Fly-in, Fly-out 21 day on 14 day off roster and will be accommodated in well-appointed camps which include full dining, laundry services, and a modern medical centre. An attractive remuneration package and working conditions will be offered to the right candidate.
A Business Haus will be established to provide support, advice and training to Lihirian businesses and entrepreneurs. ABV personnel will support the Senior Project Officer and, it is envisaged that in the long run, the incumbent will manage the Business Haus activities as well as provide business advice and run business training.
AUTONOMY OF THE POSITION
The role requires the position holder to be self-motivated, professional and able to prioritise and manage competing demands of the role with minimal supervision. Utmost confidentiality is required of the position holder in respect of ABV business.
- Undertake project management to support the Project Manager to effectively manage and monitoring progress against project schedules, pre-empting issues, and resolving risks.
- Oversee the operation of a Business Hub (incubator) including (but not limited to) the organisation of trainings, events, scheduling and planning of skilled business professional field visits.
- Provide leadership and managing the delivery of business development services.
- Monitor and report on progress and achievements of project outputs, outcomes and Key Performance Indicators.
- Where necessary, conduct business training independently or in collaboration with ABV personnel.
- Provide business advice, mentoring and follow-up support to of entrepreneurs and business partners participating in the program to build capacity.
- Build and maintain meaningful engagement with stakeholders and communicating with project stakeholders via regular meetings and reporting in Lihir.
- Ensuring compliance with ABV and LGLs policies and procedures.
- Other project duties as required.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to start by the 20th April 2020.
- A passion for working at the international development and want to part of a team that is working at the intersection of business and development.
- Qualifications in Business Management, Project Management or a related Business discipline, extensive experience or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education.
- Relevant work experience in business and project management.
- Leadership and team organisation skills
- Sound computer literacy skills in MS applications.
- Well-developed interpersonal communication skills, written and oral, in English.
- Experience in training and mentoring.
- People and finance management skills.
- Previous experience in a similar role will be well regarded.
Applicants must be PNG National, able to start by the 20th April, be safety conscious, be able to work in a multi-cultural environment and be available to discuss their application on the week of the 6th April 2020.
To express your interest in this role, please email a cover letter, your CV and possible start date to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications close Friday 27th March 2020