POSITION TITLE: Project Manager International Development, part-time (0.8 FTE)
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
DATE: June 2019
TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT: One year Contract with option to extend
AWARD/AGREEMENT: $70,000 to $80,000 (this includes $15,900 non-taxable fringe benefit) plus 9.5% super
EXPECTED START DATE: July 2019
- Do you have sound modern project management skills?
- Do you have experience in international development and you’re passionate about making positive changes in the community through economic development?
- Do you have great planning skills and attention to detail and can monitor and evaluate each step of a project to ensure that it is meeting budgetary and deadline goals?
ABV is recruiting a Project Manager who will work closely with the Operations Manager and the Program Team to manage the implementation of a portfolio of international projects. The Project Manager will ensure projects meet their KPIs and are implemented on time and on budget.
- Together with the Operations Manager, manage the planning, implementation and monitoring & evaluation of the projects to ensure quality program performance
- Maintain the project risk register and ensure the effective implementation of the risk matrix (e.g. financial, reputational, personal safety and security risks) for project success
- Continually monitor and evaluate each step of a project to ensure that it is meeting budgetary and deadline goals.
- Regularly conduct project health checks to inform staffing needs, schedule changes, budget modification and project scope adjustments.
- Create and maintain reports addressing all aspects of project development and completion on a regular basis.
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor or Master’s qualifications in International Development, project management (or other relevant qualifications).
- At least 4 – 5 years relevant field experience in managing international development projects. Development experience abroad will be highly regarded.
- Experience in developing and managing project scheduling, budgeting and progress reports.
- Outstanding organisational skills.
- An excellent communicator and team player.
- Sound computer literacy skills in MS applications and experience in using Project Management tools/software. Strong knowledge of Microsoft applications to create reports and present information in Excel and PowerPoint will be highly regarded.
- Sound project budget management and analysis.
- Proven experience and success working in a multi-cultural environment
Applicants must meet working in Australia requirements and be available to discuss their application, in person or by phone, in the week of the 24th of June, 2019.
ABV is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. ABV welcomes and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants for all advertised positions.
To apply, please ensure you:
- Include a cover letter and resume with your application.
- Address the Selection Criteria indicated in the Position Description. Only applications which address the Selection Criteria will be considered for our vacancies.
- Provide details of two professional referees.
Please send your applications by emailing us at email@example.com by 9am, the 24th of June, 2019 (AEST) with ABV PROJECT MANAGER APPLICATION in the subject heading. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please click here for full position description: Position Description_Project Manager_June 2019
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.